- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Armys Institute of Surgical Research
- NEW Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Includes reinforced windlass, stabilization plate, windlass clip and writeable windlass security strap
- Featuring NAR's signature Red Tip Technology elliptical tab providing added visual clues during application
- Perfect for trauma kits and keeping in vehicles
Noted as the best prehospital tourniquet in the February 2008 supplement of
The Journal of Trauma The patented C-A-T is a true one-handed tourniquet
proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Armys Institute of Surgical Research.
Tests proved that the C-A-T completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in
the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage. The C-A-T
utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band
providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately
tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook
and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to
maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-Ts unique dual
securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult
to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
The patented Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) featuring the proprietary
red tip design and the mechanical advantage of a band within a band has been
the Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army since 2005. The innovations in the
C-A-T are protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.